Lands of Algia 4E
1 – Initiative
• Roll once at the beginning of the encounter – that is your position for the encounter
• If you delay or hold, that changes your PC’s position for the rest of the encounter
• A natural 20 will give you an action point
• A natural 1 goes last
2 – Experience.
• XP is given out by encounter. A failed or retreated encounter will still give some experience but not the full amount.
• Roleplay will be rewarded
• A percentage of Treasure will also be rewarded
3 – Allowed Races (in order of percentage of population).
• Human – Standard
• Elf – Standard, holds hero status to most races – 3 family lines – Desert, Sea, and Night (Non-evil Drow)
• Dwarf, Standard, broken down by Clans (Stonehammer, Silverhammer, Beerbelly, Fireaxe, Battlehelm, Ironforge, and Steelshield)
• Half Elf – Standard, shunned by Elf society
• Halfling, Standard
• Gnome, Standard
• Tiefling, Standard
• Goliath, Standard, known as builders. AKA Half Giants.
• Minotaur, Standard, rare in Algia
• Shifters, Standard, rare in Algia
• Half-Orc, Standard, rare in Algia
• Eladrin, Standard, rare in Algia
• Mul, Standard, rare in Algia – Also known as Half Dwarves
• Deva, Standard, extremely rare in Algia – needs a back story to be considered for play
• Genasi, Standard, extremely rare in Algia – needs a back story to be considered for play
• Satyr, Standard, extremely rare in Algia – needs a back story to be considered for play
• Pixie, Standard, extremely rare in Algia – needs a back story to be considered for play
4 – As of the time of this document, all classes are allowed. This is left to the DM discretion. All player characters must be checked by the DM before being allowed to play.
5 – Critical Hits are extreme in LoA. A critical causes double the maximum damage for the hit. Crit’s are great until you, as a player, get hit by one.
6 – Players are allowed to completely and totally edit/retcon their PC’s up to level 4. Players must stick with original stat rolls and can keep the XP earned to that point. I do this to allow players to try out classes and race combinations that seems fun, or if once the group begins to play and the PC doesn’t mesh with the rest of the team.
7 – Standing up next to an enemy DOES offer them the chance for an Attack of Opp.